Toyota Motor Europe
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The main need and challenge in battery electric vehicles is the development of a high energy density battery that can be recharged fast, at the highest safety.
For this purpose, we are looking for a motivated team member to perform synthesis, characterization and evaluation of novel battery material.
The candidate will perform literature investigation and propose new promising concepts to be researched further in collaborative research project together with European research institutes and universities.
The activity may include:
* Benchmark state of the art technology in the specific field
* Identify promising technology by performance, durability, process and cost analysis
* Assess and confirm the feasibility of the technology
* Identify technology gaps and issues, suggest solutions and improvement
* PhD in Science (preferably: Chemical / Electrochemical / Materials Engineering)
* Good knowledge in electrochemistry and material science
* Flexible team player
* Open personality able to work in an independent way, hands-on mentality
* Basic computer skills: (MS Office and database)
* Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
* Owner of a driving license
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
* wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
* seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
* have strong planning and organization skills
* enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
* have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
* have excellent communication skills
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit experienced-toyota-europe.icims.com.